Why Your Brand Should Be Catering To Gen-Z and Their Music Habits
A recent study conducted by Sweety High, a website dedicated to discussing music, fashion, beauty, and other trends among Gen Z girls shows some interesting facts about Gen Z teens and their music tastes. 500 females ages 13-22 were surveyed – here’s what the study found:
- 97% of Gen Z girls listen to a minimum of 5 different genres of music on a daily basis.
- 94% of surveyed teens say music is essential to their lives.
- 92% say music greatly impacts their mood.
- 45% believe their favorite music artists have an influence on their personal style.
- 40% of surveyed girls said music influences their social circle.
- 75% of GenZ girls use YouTube to find new music.
So why should brands care about Gen Z and their tastes? Gen Z are are VITAL consumer base to have the support of because of their ability to control social media trends. They are huge influencers – brands should be catering to them and focusing on what’s important to them. Not only is Gen Z the social media generation – they are also set to become the largest named generation at approximately 80 million people. Their entire lives have been tech based – which makes for a huge impact economically – Gen Z is reportedly responsible for $600 billion in annual spending.
Gen Z lives on social media – so their palettes for content are strong and particular – they can smell a digital sales pitch a mile away and they’re turned off by overt advertisements. Catering to Gen Z means providing them with exclusive content – they want entertainment that’s invaluable. Make your brand a distributor of useful, educational, entertaining content and they’ll come back for more – and will be more inclined to use and endorse your brand.